Lead 2D Animator – Unity
Come help us make a 2D beat em up!
We’re looking for a passionate, friendly animator who thinks critically about gameplay, story, movement, combat, weight, anticipation and follow through. Who loves the sidescrolling arcade games of the 90’s, like X-Men, Turtles in Time and The Simpsons.
As an experienced Lead Animator, you will work directly with the art and design team and other key stakeholders across disciplines to deliver the following:
· Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to define animation pipeline and workflows
· Work closely with the team to establish animation style and ensure unified look and consistent quality
· Hand animate characters, actions, enemies and bosses for Unity
· Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to the project goal
· Actively contribute to growth of new start up studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- A proven 3+ years of experience in the games industry as a 2d animator
- An understanding of common game engine animation systems, with experience preparing and implementing game assets
- Deep understanding of next generation pipelines, tools, and workflow
- Experience planning and creating animation systems in game engines
- Proven ability to collaborate with game designers, concept artists, technical artists and programmers
- Willingness to complete an animation test, if asked
A little something extra
- Concept art, lighting, or VFX
- A familiarity with the fundamentals of storytelling and world building
- Experience in combat design
- A weird love for rap and/or EDM music
- Is willing to locate to Cincinnati, OH and engage and develop the local game development scene.
Gylee Games is an independent game development studio located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our goal is to build huge worlds with small games that focus on narrative, character development and cinematic art.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with you cover letter and resume.